So, we've been hanging out with Riley's (and my) friends a lot over the last couple of weeks. Today was so much fun... a small group of us went to a HUGE pumpkin patch in Half Moon Bay.
Before the pumpkins, we met for lunch at a great little harbor restaurant called Ketch Joanne's. Jen professed that they have the BEST Dungeoness crab sandwiches around, and I'd say, I have to agree (not that I've had many crab sandwiches in my life, but this one was quite yummy)! And so was the Stella!!
The pumpkin patch was amazing. They had pony rides (they were actual horses, though), a petting zoo, a haunted house, pottery, country-style holiday decorations, hay rides, and two different trains we could ride. We did just about all of the activities, except the haunted house. It was closed, thank goodness. My pappy took me into a haunted house when I was little, and I got so scared, I assured him I'd never enter another haunted house until I'm 65. Here are some photos of the day:
RILEY RODE A HORSE!!!
Everywhere we go, she likes to touch the flowers. She's very gentle with them.
This is Coral's pumpkin hat. Knitted by her grandma! The cutest thing ever.....
Here we are on the train with Lisa and Juliet:
Juliet had a diaper explosion at the end of the day. Thank goodness I was there to help... Lisa was in poop up to her elbows. We've all been there, and it's nice to have a friend in that situation. Or two. And a ton of wipes. Seems there are never enough wipes. Yick.
And a little action from the day:
When Riley was born, Russell bought her this beautiful cape downtown. It hasn't fit her until now, and she LOVES it. I keep it hanging in her room, and she always pulls it down and puts it over her head. She plays in it for hours.
Onward... Here is Riley trying to use my camera. I don't allow, and she lets me know she's not happy about it. Here's the progression of her dissatisfaction:
On my last blog, I showed photos of the playdate that Jen hosted at her house. Here is the video that accompanies those photos!
Next time, we'll talk about trucks. And disco. G'nite!
1 comment:
I could just eat them all up!
what a wonderful autumn day. Next step - carving the faces with daddy. memories you will keep forever. Wish I could turn the clock back.
xoxo
ruthelaine
Post a Comment