Well, lots has been going on lately, and now this week, we're leaving for Florida for 2 weeks. I'll try to blog while there, but who knows how much time I'll have... Oh, and by the way, before I get started here, I've lost 8.5 pounds on Jenny Craig!!! I can't believe it. I joined the YMCA too, so I'm working out on top of it. Super-psyched, but not ready to post a photo of myself....
Before we go away, here's a nice little update:
So, tonite, as I was putting Riley to bed, I was going through our normal routine. After daddy gives her the bath, I read her a few books, sing her a few songs, then put her in bed. Well, over the last week, she's been getting more demanding with the mommy-time routine. The last few days, she wouldn't let me sing to her, she only wanted me to whisper to her. So, I made up stories about what we'd be doing over the next several days. She would comment back to me with each topic. I'm not sure what she was saying every time, but I did get her desire to go to the gym's child care facility and play with Jodi, and the Nemo bubble-blowing toy. She says 'Jo-Jo, Nemo, bubble'. So, she's starting to put words together. How exciting!
How 'bout a little video break. Hehehe!!
Tonite, I started to tell her a story after reading to her, but she started saying 'twinkle, twinkle'. So, I sang that song to her a few times. When she was ready to change, she put her fingers together and moved her arms up. She wanted Itsy Bitsy Spider. So I sang that. Then in the middle of that, she yelled 'A, B! A, B! A, B!'. OMG, she wanted me to sing the ABCs (a normal bedtime song for us)!! How exciting... she's learning her ABCs!!
Last week, we went to Chrissy Field's beach with Jen, Coral, Melinda, and Zelda. Here is Riley on our way over. I thought for sure she'd be up for the long haul.
Not so lucky... as soon as I pulled into the parking lot, Riley decided to take her nap. I saw Jen, so I pulled up to where they were, and Jen said, 'No way! I'm getting that girl.' She pulled Riley out of the car and carried her over to the blanket and laid her down to keep sleeping. She woke up as soon as she hit the blanket, and was rarin' to go!
Jen and Coral


It was fun, but soon got very windy, and therefore cold. I had forgotten a sweatshirt for myself (of course, Riley was bundled), so after about a half hour, we decided to take off.
The next day, Riley and I hosted a Valentine's Day playdate. What fun!! We had a great turnout, I'd say 10 mom/baby pairs showed up. I made a little champagne cocktail (mommies HAVE to have champagne on Valentine's Day....), and snacks, and we all just chased babies around all day. Here are some photos of the day:
First of all, about the treats. I made finger jello, and none of the babies had ever had it before. Here are two reactions:


Riley, Zelda, and Coral:
Riley getting ready to hug Coral:
Riley and Coral reading:
Finn
Anthony
Abby, who Riley calls 'Abba'. We mommies of the 70s LOVE that one...
Jen with Coral and Anthony:


Someone put Coral into Riley's crib, and it was the hit of the party:

Oh, and Jen posted some photos of our day at the Discovery Museum last week, and I was able to steal them for this blog! We had fun, although, Riley kept running off and deciding to do her own thing. And then, we were supposed to go for lunch at this great restaurant on the water called Fish, and Riley fell asleep when we pulled into the parking lot. Figures. She's making a habit of that. She is SO grounded. Here are the photos from the Museum that I stole from Jen.



And another video to close. Enjoy!
1 comment:
Man those babies are cute.
Post a Comment