Saturday, May 17, 2008



This week has been so hot, I wasn't sure what to do with the Ri-Belle. But we figured it out. Wednesday, Riley got to hang out in the back yard in her new big pool, and in her sprinkle pool.







Thursday, we went to Chrissy Field with Kathy and Anthony (didn't take photos, since Riley was running around too much). It was really fun, and the babies got so played out after an hour, they were nearly falling asleep on their feet! Then we went to the yard again in the afternoon. Yesterday, we went to the gym in the morning and then spent the day in the yard. I told Russell today, that it was the best move we've ever made, coming out to the sunset and getting a yard. She loves it, and it's so convenient. Have you ever tried to schlep all the stuff you need to the beach with a 21-month old? Gawd... it takes at least four arms to carry it all, and not to mention, making sure your toddler doesn't run off while you're unloading. Not easy. At all. The pool is a hit, for sure.



Russell and I spent the day talking turns grooming the yard today. It was cooler, since the fog came in, so it was a great day for yard work. And we got a lot done. I actually dug out a small area of the grass to plant a mini-garden for Riley. We have cherry tomatoes, strawberries, pumpkins, and a purple flower plant that Riley picked out at the garden store. She waters them every day when we go to play in the yard. She's a good little gardener, and very nice to her plants.

Riley loves her daddy time more than ever. So does daddy. And so do I (especially when it means I get to sleep in until 9:00!).



Grammy sent Riley a care package of all sorts of fun things, including flip-flops that light up when she steps down. Aside from them flying off her feet on every other step, she won't take them off! She also got a bug hat. Here are both. Oh, and remember, Riley insists on dressing herself these days. I had NOTHING to do with these outfits. Honest.




We tried to start potty training, but she doesn't seem too interested in using the potty to go poo or pee. She loves to sit on it and play with it, even use the words 'poo' and 'pee' while she sits on it, but nothing has happened yet. This video proves that she has a definite connection with her potty. So, I know it will be any day now.



She finally fits into the hot pink shoes that Auntie Lindsay sent her a long time ago... I showed them to her, and she freaked out, loving them so much. She did the whole 'oh boy, oh boy, oh boy...' thing. They are really cute.



And for your viewing pleasure, I've caught up on yet another new adventure for our family: Passover!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can we come over and play? This looks like so much fun! I vote
N I K K I fopr "Mommy of the Year".

xo,
Kell