A tiny piece broke off of a little toy. Riley brought it to me, as I was in the bathroom fixing my face. I said, 'Oh no, what happened? Did you throw it?' (usually that's the case). She replies, in a very melancholy, timid voice, 'No, I don't know what happened. Maybe the earthquake did it. See ya later.' Put the toy, and the broken piece, on the sink, and pulled the door closed behind her.
Later, I used SuperGlue to fix it, as I always do. She hasn't yet noticed.
On another note, un-Riley-related... my mom's birthday was on Tuesday (#62, but don't tell anyone). And boy, did my dad help her to celebrate! Check this out.
The stats?
4 speed transmission - 600 horsepower - top speed.....123 mph. 7 drivers.
Results - as the crew called me..."Ruthie the Rocket"..... first place.
Go big mama... now she's in trouble when she goes home to that Jag in PA. Alert Smokey....
And one last note... to those Olympic figure-skating ladies... congratulations. We all cry for our own very personal reasons. You all deserve it. ; )
2 comments:
Best Birthday gift ever!!!!
To Grammy from Grandma......
Way to go girl! In a million years I could never even get in the car, never mind go 127mph! Our grandaughter most certainly takes after you in the speed arena. I just loved that you had the guts to do it. Keep up the good work for our side! Girls rule!!!!
Happy Birthday from Grandma
Post a Comment