Monday, April 16, 2007

Sleep Training 101

OK. So, according to my last blog, Riley was getting up every three hours. And I'd had enough. So, Saturday night, Russell and I decided to start some sleep training for the little doll. Here's how it went:



Night one:
She woke, like clockwork, at midnight. No feeding and 63 minutes of wailing and hugging later, she was asleep. (after some research, I decided I don't buy the Ferber method)

Night two:
She woke, like clockwork, at midnight. No feeding and 49 minutes of whimpering and hugging later, she was asleep.

Night three:
Bed at 8:30pm. First waking at 5:30am. No crying, no hugging. Even though I missed the hugging, I hope it's not a fluke. We all liked (and needed) the sleep.

The other day, we had to go and sign our taxes, so I went downtown and had a drink with Russell and his team after work. Marcus was there, and took some cute photos of us.

I went to the doctor today. Didn't learn anything new... Russell had been already giving me everything that the doctor recommended. And, he's been amazing, with staying home to take care of me and help with Riley. I couldn't do it without him. I'm very lucky to have such a good daddy for the love of my life. Anyhow, I guess I'll just have to wait it out. Yuck.

Check out these two. Quinn is two weeks younger than Riley. You saw them in their Halloween costumes. And here they are, 6 months later. What beautiful little girls they are becoming!




OK, so, I know I posted this photo on my last blog, but I have to post it again. How FUNNY is this little chair? How tiny does she look? I love it.



And here are a couple more great photos from Toronto, that I didn't get to post before:




And that is all. Oh, wait. I just finished this video. Just a little crawing fun... she's discovered a new way to get Mr. B!



Good nite!

No comments: