Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween adventures!



So, my mom was here for a wonderful visit over Halloween. Needless to say, Riley had 4 different costumes. One from somebody before she was born, one from grammy, and two from me and daddy. It was fine, though, since we had so many events to attend! Here she is as a kitty for storytime on Tuesday (and yes, she 'meow-ed' all day....):




Wednesday, on Halloween, we had loads of possible activities to attend. This city has a ton of cool stuff for wee ones, and I just love it! We opted to go to the parade in the Marina with Shannon and Oliver and Randi and Jasper.




We ran into some other chickens, and Riley thought it was the funniest thing ever.



Riley had her first lollipop. It was grape. And super-sticky. Of course, it was from grammy... I would never (hehe)!



We ran into Kathy and Anthony after lunch...



My gawd, what a crazy mess of babies! In costumes! It was so hysterical, my stories couldn't do it justice. But I'll try with photos and video (coming later). There were a couple of cute costumes of people we didn't know.

This was a poor, unknowing, little 5-month-old girl, who was dressed in a T-shirt that read "Pity the Fool", and she had about 5 pounds of gold around her neck. Who do you think she was dressed as???



This one was just too cute.



Then we went home for a nap before heading out to Judith and Finn's pre-trick-or-treating bash. Riley had enough. She passed out pretty hard....




I'm exhausted, so the rest of the halloween day must wait until tomorrow. Don't get mad at me, look forward to it (you know who you are)!!

WHAT'S NEW:
So, no video today, since I need to set up my new workstation. I've been ousted from the living room by Riley, since she's decided to COMPLETELY take over. The other day, I was making dinner, and she was watching one of her programs on TV in the living room. I peeked around the corner to check on her, and there she was, sitting, smiling, and waving at me, on the couch. Yup, she's a climber. Great. Standing on the coffee table, and grabbing our paintings above the couch. Time to rearrange. Again.

Not only that, but when my mom was here, I was making dinner, and mom was watching Riley. All of a sudden, I hear a shriek and see a running grammy. Yeah, so, Riley figured out how to use the doorknobs and open the door to the cellar. So we childproof-ed again this week. I can't even open these doorknobs!! Does it ever end?

Oh, and she's in attack mode again. This time, with dad. You should see his face. Looks like he's an ultimate fighter. Who lost. Guess I have to cut her nails again. I'll try to get a photo of him before the scabs fall off. No joke.

We had her 15 month checkup last week with Dr. Mimi Pepitone. All's great! Her head measures at the 95 percentile, weight at 50, and height at 75. Looks like she's tall and thin like her auntie Lindsay. Yay! Better than short and squat like me....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
a blog at last!
if you look closly, those are, indeed, kiss marks all over the chicken,kitty's face!
xoxoxoxoxo
Grammy

Anonymous said...

Wow, Auntie Linds was slightly SHOCKED by the tall and slim compliment, thanks. Not feeling so slim after baby number 2, but will take what she can get!!!!!We all loved the countless array of costumes. Charlie especially loved the chickens and Quinn started shouting "baby, baby" at the mini Mr. T. baby! Thanks for the update, FINALLY! That was way too long.