Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween adventures, part 2


I think Riley really enjoyed Halloween, in general. She loved the costumes, and even left the hats on. She laughed hysterically at all the other babies, and even tried to maul some of them. And nothing phased her. She was afraid of nothing. I can't wait to do it again next year! But before that, let's see how excited she gets about the Thanksgiving turkey and SANTA CLAUS!!! Makes me feel like a kid all over again.

So, you already saw Riley as a chicken for the morning parade, and as a cat for storytime. Later in the afternoon, we all went to Judith's for a little pre-halloween spirit. Riley wore her costume of the year (and totally appropriate): a devil!




Amidst the mass chaos of loads of overheating babies in costumes, it was tons of fun...




Here is Ramona Bea as a bee. Her parents dressed up as beekeepers... wish I had a photo of that! It was an adorable idea.


Karishma and Meredyth were flowers:




Jasper was a penguin:



After the get-together, we went trick-or-treating on Belvedere Street in Cole Valley. We lost the rest of the gang, since it was so packed, but daddy met us there. Riley sure didn't need anyone else!




Belvedere St. is the best location in the city for kids on Halloween. It's a street that spans about 4 blocks, and it's closed off to traffic. Every house decorates to the hill, and a lot of them open their garage doors to make haunted houses. There were some interesting treats, like pencils and boxes of raisins. I like those ideas. I'm sure the kids don't.... Some houses have loud music playing, and one house even went all out to make a Happy Feet stage in their front windows. These penguins were actually tap dancing and singing, with microphones and speakers that projected the sounds onto the street. Unbelievable!



Here are some of the other decorations I loved.





Visit this page of my blog for a video of the pre-trick-or-treating party. (scroll down on the page)

And I guess that the boot Riley lost proves the success of the night. And now, we have enough lollipops to last her until next Halloween!

And then grammy had to go back to Pennsylvania. Never a happy moment. Here they are, at the front door, playing "hello, good-bye":



Here they are having the silliest bath EVER!!!! (scroll down on the page)

And here's Riley's reaction to hearing that grammy was going away:


No comments: