Monday, March 24, 2008

Easter was divine



We had a wonderful day! Forgetting all the issues that we've recently experienced, and considering the day, all is perfect. The Easter Bunny came and brought all kinds of goodies, including fruit and a little candy, a couple of presents, and he even hid the eggs! Riley had SO much fun trying to find the eggs. I showed her one, and then she was off to find all the others. Once they were all in the basket, she was able to enjoy her candy and gifts.

Then I took her to the zoo, while daddy got to sleep in. We only went to the children's zoo, and explored some areas we had never seen. There was hardly anyone there! When we were leaving, the line to get in was out the parking lot! Good timing... So, on addition to our regular membership, I've enrolled Riley in these classes... they sound great! I'm excited for it.

When we came home, there was a big nap and then some playtime in the yard. We have some summer toys on order for her, including a big sand/water play area. We're also hoping to get her a slide. That would be a great birthday present... These two things will hopefully keep her occupied outside for a good, long time!!



Then, we were invited to a beautiful Easter dinner at Kathy and Anthony's (and daddy Mike's). Obviously the daddies are always second string in these stories, cause they're usually working! But we were lucky today, cause they were all there. Riley wore her seasonal best... a new dress, white patent leather shoes, and an Easter Bonnet. She had so much fun dressing up, chatting eveyone up, and sharing her wares with everybody...









For dinner, I made my grandma's famous Easter Bread. It was as much of a hit as I'd remembered it always being. Guess I did it right (the yeast was reportedly a scary critter to work with, but I wasn't scared...):



The neighbor had a dog who Riley loved. She tried to make the dog stay, but apparently she had to go with her owner. Bummer!




And for a little while there, Anthony wasn't the happiest camper, but Riley helped him to cheer up by helping with his new puzzle we brought him.




Also in April, we're starting Bouncy Bears music classes with Coral and Zelda. They've been doing it for a couple of sessions, and now I think Riley could (and will) appreciate it.

Now, for something weird, Kathy Crispin sent me photos from this link. I thought for sure it was a Photoshop job, but then I looked at the website... are people actually this nuts, to go and do something like this? What is the draw? Could they actually keep their food down? Sorry, not for me. Thanks anyhow!!



(ah, and by the way, thought I'd mention a little bit about me... I've lost so far 13 pounds and about 16 inches overall on my Jenny Craig diet... so I guess I'll keep going!)

No comments: