
Wow. So much has happened over the last week, and I still haven't caught up with blogging our wonderful vacation. I've decided I'm going to start with this week.
Monday, March 24, I took Riley for a follow-up appointment with Dr. Pepitone (Mimi), just to check her out and make sure all is OK after the antibiotics ended, and because last night, she was coughing again in her sleep. Mimi perscribed a Bactoban cream to make sure all the MRSA is gone. She said everything else looks great, and that I should just keep an eye on the cough, it's probably allergy or a new, unrelated virus. Great. Just what we need.
After that appointment, I went to Jenny Craig for my weekly weigh-in and food pick-up. I've lost an additional 3 pounds, bringing my total to 13, and I've lost a total of 16 inches. Yay!!! Gotta keep going.... lovin' it. I've already moved down 2 pant sizes. Almost halfway to my goal....
Tuesday and Wednesday, Riley broke out in a fever. Pretty high at night, upwards of 102. I spoke with Mimi both days, and ended up taking Riley in for blood/urine tests and a lung X-ray on Thursday. Everything came back clean, no bacteria, so that means that she has some kind of virus that has no treatment, aside from simply making Riley as comfortable as she can be. Again: great. It's been a really rough week for us. Staying home, staying low-key, watching a shit-load of TV (which I hate doing with her), and getting better. Friday morning her fever broke. This weekend, she's been gaining her momentum back, and I think this week we'll be right back on schedule!! Good thing, because we start music classes and zoo classes. And, we have the gym on the other three mornings!
Friday, her sand box arrived, and yesterday she and Russell set it up while I went to buy sand. We haven't put water in it yet, because it's been pretty chilly and windy, and I don't know if she's 100% healthy yet. Soon enough, though, we'll get some water in there for her to slop around in. She's gonna love it (she played in the sand today for about an hour). And so will her friends... we'll be sure to host a playdate soon.


(in this photo, my mom thinks Riley looks EXACTLY like me when I was that age, and she NEVER thinks she looks like me):

Today, we went for sushi at the sister restaurant to our favorite spot, and I'd say it was sub-par. It was good, but it didn't taste nearly as fresh as our standby, but the service was really good. Riley really enjoyed herself, too, and ate a bite of everything we ordered. What a gal.
Oh, and be sure to check out Russell's latest accomplishment at work, his new ad for Turbo Tax. He is the narrator of the ad (which he found out about the morning of the shoot....), as well as the big-idea guy. He's a natural on camera. That's my man!
Look at cousin Charlie with her hair all blown out and straightened. What a super-model!!

On less happy note, my dad has to go to Pittsburgh tomorrow for another check-up. It turns out his PET scan found a spot on his lung that is 90% chance cancer, and they say it would be a new strain, not a recurrence of his former bout of throat cancer (for which he suffered treatment for nearly 2 years). We won't stand for that, so we're banking on that 10% chance that it was a shadow or something else... who knows what those tests can pick up. Please say your prayers or keep your fingers crossed, or whatever it is that you do to send good vibes.
And because I want to end on a happy note, and because I talked so much in this blog and didn't have a lot of photos to back it up, here is a collection of photos from Jen, of the great Irish coffee playdate she hosted on St. Pat's Monday morning. Hey, we busy, stressed-out moms need Irish coffees, at LEAST on St. Pat's Day. We had so much fun... and Jen's yard RULES!!!







One more thing. I like this image that Russell found. Reminds me of a Woody Pirtle idea. And I love Woody.
No comments:
Post a Comment