Today, Riley and I rode the Muni downtown, and had a splendid day together. I thought for sure she was going to fall asleep on the way there, but alas, as soon as we hit our stop, her energy levels went through the roof. Thank goodness, too, because I opted to not bring the stroller.
We started at my old Apple store, to say hi. Riley loved the store, and wanted the red iPod most of all. Funny, I think there are about 5 people still around (out of a staff of approximately 120) from when I worked there. I guess that's how retail goes. Good news is, one of the young guys I personally trained is in line to become manager of a new store in SF. Yay, Zach!
Then we trekked over to Powell St. and headed north on the trolley. She's never been on one, but screams at the top of her lungs every time she sees one, so I thought it was time. She completely zoned out. Layed back on me, and watched it all go by. I met a nice bloke on the trolley, touring the world on his own. He was video-taping his experience on the trolley, so I offered to tape some for him, of him. He loved that idea, and then I had to tell him why, and how crazy I am with video on my blog. A good conversation.
We got off at Pacific, and had lunch at Brandy Ho's, a Chinatown staple. We had shrimp lo mein and peanut noodles with chicken. She scoffed it down. Jenny Craig would not approve, but that's OK. I've been good all week. And, I forgot our leftovers. As I always do.
We proceeded down Grant St., through the heart of Chinatown. We had so much fun, and I don't think Riley has ever popped out of nap mode so quickly and completely. She got some super-cute gifts on our little shopping excursion, and I don't think I spent more than $50 all day. Check out these awesome little outfits. Again, with the friggin' supermodel business!
I'm pretty sure I can convince Russell we have a good reason to hit the Chinese New Year's parade this year. We've lived here 4 years now, and we have not seen one yet. If he won't take us, then I bet I can find some other moms to partake in the festivities... And dress up the goddesses for the occasion.
Aside from today's events, I've decided to start catching up on past blogs. And as I mentioned yesterday, I really do have to start with Halloween '08. This one was quite hysterical on many levels. Enjoy!
3 comments:
Obviously David Bowie wrote that song with her in mind!
What a doll.
love,
grammy
The boys say "Riley looks beautiful! I say "there is not a more beautiful China Girl anywhere! Love the outfits! Do they make those in MY size????
Love from snowy PA,
Bri, Sam and Alex
Loved her Chinese outfits. But I don't know about the high heels. Can she really walk in them without getting hurt? Oh, wait a minute --- Now I realize why you got them for her. So she won't be able to run away from you, when you go out shopping!!!! When Charlie & Quinn get a load of them, they will want some for sure. She is so cute, I just want to eat her up.
Love
GRANDMA
Post a Comment