Saturday, October 17, 2009



We've had an awesome Halloween prep time so far.

But first. This week, I became a mothering GENIUS. I know, I know, I already am. But, for real.... Riley would NOT let us brush her teeth for ANYTHING. EVER. And I'd had enough. Up until now. I thought, 'So, what does she love? Painting!' So, I did this crazy thing. I thought, 'why can't she paint in the bathroom?' So, we did just that. I said, "Riley, if I can brush your teeth, you can PAINT THE ENTIRE SINK!!". She was so excited, and it's been four days, and I have NEVER had a fight about brushing, since. Who cares about wiping up the paint with a sponge, if there's no fight, and holding down, and grabbing arms, and a half hour of serious crying, and plugging noses, and taking two adults to get the job done.... if you can just wipe up a little bit of paint?!?!?! Love it. Send donations for the cause if you would like. : ) I am SURE this idea will go places. I am the new Nanny 911.



Last Saturday, Riley and I went to a concert at the library. It was so much fun! We saw Pipsqueak-a-go-go. These ladies were some hot mamas! MILFs, if I may say so, myself! Perhaps it will be my next mission, to join these prancing ladies. What fun! A nice combo of my motherhood and dancing backgrounds... crazy? Of course! Mwaaahahaaahaaaha!!!



Then Sunday, we hit the Park Chalet for Charity. Awesome, too! Join her mailing list, and download her free songs. She's a local wonder.





We had our annual trip to Pastorino's farm in Half Moon Bay this week. Always a hoot. If you remember last year (oh, and BTW, Lindsay, these zebra pants are the ones we left at your house!), we were sweating our balls off. This year we were wishing we were inside. Love that Northern California weather!












My mom and dad took their new boat on an expedition last weekend, as well. They went to Deep Creek, MD, where I've apparently been on dates in my far-forgotten past. Here's my mama with her girls. I can't wait to be that age, and that goofy with MY ladies. At our rate, it won't be long... Oh, and uh, we thought my dad's TRUCK was big?? Hmm, this boat kinda takes the cake. Nice rig, daddy. xo




A few weeks ago, I took Russell for a special outing.. Dan Aykroyd was signing his crazy skull bottles of vodka at a BevMo in some godforsaken place an hour away from the city. We had no idea that he was the name behind the packaging, but we've had one laying around for months (since Russell loves skulls so much), and had the opportunity.... so capitalize! Bought it for less than $50. Now, they're going signed for upwards of $200 on eBay. A small investment.



Russell pitched him an advertising idea in 10 seconds. Are you surprised? I am personally waiting for the call. Remember when Gene Simmons called my home phone about 6 years ago? Whoof, there's a story! You can ask if you'd like. It has a particularly funny twist.

Oh! And how could I forget. I took Riley to the Hardly, Strictly Bluegrass Festival in the park a few weeks ago. We had a blast. Met up with a few different groups of friends, and met some new ones. And the food was great. I was lax on the camera, and I'm sorry. But Riley loves corn. And that guy laying down behind her with the nice tattoos on his back ("Chad") was very cute, and came to chat with us while his girlfriend went to the bathroom. I like festivals! : )




And here are our Toronto ladies, posing for the librarian shot. Awesome!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

RiBo is getting so big, and her hair, I am LOVING her hair. Sorry about the leggings, now that she is getting bigger maybe she will forget about them. PLus, she probably doesn't want to wear pants with zebra stripes on them anymore ha ha ha? We all miss yo guys here. If that kid ever gets out of hand, just put her on a plane and ship to us!
Auntie Linds

Anonymous said...

oh my, what a wonderful morning it turned out to be! A NEW BLOG!!!!
I have been in serious withdrawel for a long time. Great job, sweetie. i'm starting to pack this very minute, can't wait to see you!!
you have a beautiful life filled with beautiful people! lucky.
xoxo
mom

Anonymous said...

Epic post. I'm glad somone is keeping a record of my life. I can't remember a damn thing.

Anonymous said...

I just caught you new blog today. I just loved it. It's been much to long since we last saw you guys. You have now got a pretty full life going on, and I love that you make it a point to take in all the things that Riley seems to love. She looks like she is enjoying every opportunity. Keep up the good work guys, especially you Nikki. You seem to find all the good stuff.
Love you all GRANDMA

Anonymous said...

I just caught you new blog today. I just loved it. It's been much to long since we last saw you guys. You have now got a pretty full life going on, and I love that you make it a point to take in all the things that Riley seems to love. She looks like she is enjoying every opportunity. Keep up the good work guys, especially you Nikki. You seem to find all the good stuff.
Love you all GRANDMA