Friday, November 6, 2009

Another awesome Halloween... with Grammy!



Well, Halloween is Grammy's favorite holiday, outside of Christmas. So, she was able to come to San Francisco once again to spend the week with us. And what a busy week (month, actually) it was!

Riley was a puppy named Frenchie for her school's pumpkin party.






Riley was a little mermaid for her school parade.






Riley was Tinkerbell, I was a funky lady, daddy was a drunken washed-up astronaut (or something like that) and grammy was a pirate for Harmmonie's street fair.











And this, the quintessential 'daddy farting' shot. Wow, good timing on taking that one, grammy.



Riley's school had a pumpkin party the evening grammy arrived. It was fun, and beautiful! It was a potluck dinner, and the kids sang Halloween songs and had a pinata. The adults lit pumpkins in the sandbox. What a nice welcome to town for grammy.







And, of course, Riley and grammy carved our pumpkin, too. Only one got carved this year... too many events going on. But it sure was a good one!



Some shots from the day grammy came with us to school. Riley loves all her friends!







Pizza night with the lady friends (and Jackson, the little bro). Best pizza in SF.



The weekend before Grammy came, Riley's school had it's Harvest Festival. What a fun day! Loads of activities, games for the kids with prizes, yummy food, and a great turnout! I was the face-painting witch, with black hair (not a wig!!) and all. Yes, the hair is still black! I kinda like it....













The weekend before that, we took Riley to see Disney Princesses on Ice. Wow! What a show. We all loved it, even though Russell would have been happier if it actually ended after the first act... the fact that there was a second act was surely a surprise to him.



And here are some great photos of a playdate with daddy. She sure loves dates with daddy, and she's been getting a lot of those this week, while I'm sick as a dog and he stayed home to take care of us! What a daddy... aside from my own, he's the BEST!!






And certainly not to forget... our Toronto clan on Halloween! Nice work, Lindsay, on getting daddy Dave dressed up... love it!




Oh, and nice pool, you guys... wow. Just in time for the snow!! : )



And to close, here's how I get my fill of the beautiful changing leaves of fall. Mom and dad's yard in Derry. Miss those changing leaves! I need to go there to decompress for about a month after the massive Halloween season we just experienced.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I just clicked to look at some old pix of Ri-Bell, and much to my surprise - A BLOG! you must be stir crazy stuck in bed with the flu! miss you all sooo much. Can't wait until Christmas, I'm stocking up hugs.
Maybe you can blog LAST christmas since you are bored.....
x0x0x0x0x0x
Ruthelaine

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! I can't believe the time and creativity put into your Halloween celebrations. I love all the different costumes you come up with every year. Riley looks likes she loves wearing them all. Poor Russell. Several years in a row, I remember his costumes were always a tramp. (My creativeness not being quite on a par with yours!) Ruthie looks great too. (as usual). You girls al[ love your Halloween! Glad you all had a great time. I miss you all very much!!!!
Love GRANDMA

Anonymous said...

Wow, you guys are super duper Halloween freakos! Looks like everyone had a blast. Too bad the cousins couldn't go shell-outing (as Grandma refers to it every year, and only dates herself) together. Pool is coming along, I should send some pics of the nasty neighbor who is causing problems. She's a real treat! Oh well, love the blog, keep em coming!

Auntie Linds