It was so hot today, grammy and papa got out all the waterworks and Riley jumped right in.
And, so did I. Well, I had to, because Riley was "not sure about this", referring to how to use the slip 'n slide. Uh, I had never done it either, just seen it a million times on TV as a kid, but always wanted to try. Never thought that day would come when I was about to turn 40. I was prepared to break a hip or something. It was actually a lot of fun, and I did it a few times. And I didn't even get hurt. ; )
Riley quickly got the hang of it, as well.

Then, we hit the Ag Fair. AKA, "Egg Fair" (quoting Riley). We went early, just as they were opening, so nobody was there but us. Perfect! Riley was already pretty tired, from the big swim day she just had.

She loved petting all the animals. Although, she didn't like the pigs so much... they were very stinky.
Later, there would be tractor pulls, and we got to see the prep before coming home.


Oh, and she learned how to gamble! Kinda. Of course, that's what we do here at the fairs in Pennsylvania... chuck-a-luck. She played with quarters, and even won a couple of times.
And they had a bungee jump, like the one at the Alameda County Fair in CA. She ran right over and got hooked in, and didn't want to leave... kept asking papa to get more tickets. Can't wait for her to start her gymnastics class in August. I might even get her back into the SF Circus School soon (she took classes there for nearly 2 years when she was younger).

We were supposed to go to the fair yesterday, but got rained out. Instead, we had dinner at the Latrobe Airport's DeNunzio's Italian Restaurant. Mediocre food, but there was a Frank Sinatra impersonator there, doing a karaoke routine. His name was Nick Fiacso. Whoopie!! He was actually pretty good. Papa and Riley stole a few dances. Then, Riley and grammy went outside to watch the sunset. It was a beautiful one!
Came home from dinner, Riley had a bath, brushed her teeth (all without any argument at all... a first during this trip), and insisted that papa read before bed. He has the magic, and she sure loves it!
And before I close, I thought I'd share papa's latest project. These trees came from the woods on his property, and he is splitting them himself with this big machine, for winter logs. Nothing stops this man.
Now, it's my turn to go to sleep. Zzzzzzzzzz.
1 comment:
You guys are having too much fun! Riley, I can see is enjoying her holiday with Doug & Ruthie. Can't wait till you guys get here on Wednesday. If the heat keeps up you'll be in the pool all day. We are going to have so much fun!
Love you guys
Grandma & Duke
Post a Comment