Saturday, June 16, 2007

Door slamming at 10 months...



So, Riley has a few new tricks. This one is pretty funny. Watch:



She started getting really good at it, so I had to get a cushion to put on the door to prevent finger-slamming. It's the white thing right above the door knob. A great invention, if you ask me. I seem to childproof a little more each day. Guess it will never really end.

The girl loves her books. More every day. She pulls them off the shelf 20 times a day, and sits there for a long time, flipping through all of them. She's figured out how to get her little thumb to turn through the cardboard pages.



Daddy has received two of his three father's day presents so far. He can never wait until the actual holiday. And in this case, they were things he could use, so he got them early. One is a back-rest pillow for when he watches TV or reads (or works or plays video games). The other one is a grilling apron. From Riley. Because they're pirates together. Here is the apron:



And here's a reminder of how they're pirates together:



Here is a very amusing dog walker in our neighborhood. He always had about 6 little dogs around him. And he rides his big skateboard. Love it. So does Riley... she squeals and laughs at him. So so I!!



OTHER NEW THINGS:
She will absolutely NOT wear a bib. As soon as I manage to get it on her, she rips it off. They all attach with velcro, so there's not much I can do, aside from expect a change of outfits. If grammy was here, that would not be an issue. In fact, it would be welcome. But, we have things to do!

Riley had an ear-nose-throat check-up, and she's lookin' good! The doctor said she likes what she sees from the hearing tests they did, and we don't have to go back! We're all SOOOOOO happy to hear that news!

While we were at the ear-nose-throat office, Riley taught herself how to pick her toys off the floor and put them in the bottom compartment of the stroller. Wow!! Too cute. Every time I got a toy out of the bag for her, she put it away. What a gal!

We went to a playdate at Walter Haas Playground on Wednesday. It's a really beautiful place, with sweeping views of the city. The only thing is, what comes along with the views is an incredible force of wind. It was completely unmanageable for me... I was trying to feed Riley (and myself), keep the napkins and bags from blowing away, keep Riley's hat on her head because it was so sunny and she wasn't having it, etc. I was very overwhelmed, and we only stayed for about 1/2 hour. Didn't even take one photo. Sorry!

Her new favorite food: tofu. She just can't get enough of it. Wants it with every meal. Could be worse... could be cookies.

She's climbing things. And sitting still. For brief periods. Check these out, while she watches Baby Einstein before bed.






BACK TO MOM'S VISIT
Tuesday, we went to the zoo with Jen and Coral. It was the only beautiful day we had during mom's visit. The rest of the visit was gray and chilly. Such a bummer, cause the weather has been perfect for almost 2 weeks now. Anyhow, here are some photos of Riley and Coral at the zoo.

Watching the train go by:



Posing:




They both had animal crackers, courtesy of grammy, for the first time. The outcome was positive. Really.




Here's a much more flattering shot of darling Coral:



OK. Now I'm all caught up, aside from the videos I still have to edit and post. Those are coming one of these days.

And just for the fun of it, here are some new sleeping photos. I promise I'll stop taking these now. I got in trouble today from Russell because she stirred after I took the photo. Whatever! It's worth it... she went back to sleep for another 45 minutes.




Take that! One long blog... xo

No comments: