OK, OK, sorry... enough about me! Here's Riley.
She decided today that she's able to climb onto her horsey all by herself, rock and bounce away, and then get off whenever she wants. She's really a big girl now!
Then we went for a big bike ride on the ghetto mobile. Riley helped me fix it's creeking and squeaking before our walk today. She handed me the tools when I asked her for them. What a great little laborer!
We got a smoothie and some fancy crackers at the health food store around the corner. Everyone was oogeling at the most beautiful girl in the neighborhood.
The bike was quiet, like brand new (which it is) about halfway, then it started it's grinding and bumping noises again. How embarassing. I'm gonna try to return it tomorrow. At least for a replacement.
And then she did a little dance. Yes, that's one of the dresses I made for her. Before she was born!
Here is Riley's idea of using a binkie. I laughed.
Russell didn't like it.
Yesterday, Jen and Coral helped me to bring our painting of Riley home. HUGE thanks to them. I hung it in the kitchen (replacing our Riley shrine), and it looks amazing there. The wall color is perfect. Every time Riley walks past it, she smiles and points to it. She loves it. I'm pretty sure she knows it's her.
Monday, Russell stayed home from work because he was still sick. I haven't seen him feeling so crappy in a really long time. But as restless as he gets, he needed some time outside. So, we decided to go to the duck pond with some bread and let Riley run around. We all loved it.



See Russell's blog for more great photos (I stole these ones from him!).
1 comment:
little biker chick, and little equestrian, too!
Next time she comes to Derry, we will put her on a REAL horsey, see what she thinks of that!
kisses,
grammy ruthelaine
Post a Comment