Today was packed with fun. And the weather was gorgeous. About 60˚ in the morning, and up to about 75˚ or so in the afternoon. Just enough for a sweatshirt that got removed. Perfect! Riley was too cool today, with her leopard print pants, red shoes, and black shades.
We did a few things that had Riley squealing. First, the lake. We walked down the yard to the lake at my mom and dad's, and fed the ducks. Riley was tentative about them, but still excited... And she had fun playing with the bridges along the way. The one near the end of the video is the bridge to my parents' house. You can kinda see it in the background (and in the second photo below).
Then we went to the train tracks so she could witness a REAL choo-choo (she loves the MUNI in San Francisco, which is a 2-car electric street car). Today, she saw a huge, industrial Conrail train. Wow...
Then, there was construction right down the street from the tracks, by the house I grew up in. So, we went to see the machinery. She got really excited about that, too... but I haven't edited that footage yet. Maybe later this week. We actually walked past the house I grew up in, at 317 N. Chestnut St., and the new owner was outside. He invited us in to check it out. Man, we haven't been in that house since 1992! It seemed so much smaller now. I guess that's how things go when you grow up. But it was so nice to be in there, and see how it's conformed to another family's lifestyle. They seem like a happy family. And it smelled good.
OH! And here she is with the huge dog my mom got her. She was all over it today... every time she walked by it, she plopped down and gave it huge hugs.
Then dinner at Dino's. You can't visit Derry without a trip to Dino's. Russell will verify, they have the hottest wings ever. I think they made his nose bleed once. Seriously! I just had a burger. And that is all. Riley was in bed a little late, 9pm, but still within her normal range.
Here's daddy. He's in hiding. I guess it's his way of mourning our absence.

Tomorrow will be a big day.... we have some visitors coming in the morning. More on that tomorrow.
No comments:
Post a Comment