Monday, September 10, 2007

Kathy lent us this toy while Riley's home (thanks, Kathy, she loves it!):





It has a tabletop with some spinners and noisemakers, but Riley prefers to sit inside it like a chair. Guess she's missing her big-girl chair from the Bongards!

Yup, she's right back on schedule. Sleeping and eating like a little princess. In fact, tonight, we took her out for spaghetti (her first time ever), and she ate two plates full! Plus some salad, tomatoes, and black olives, which she loved. Then, she went for chocolate soft-serve ice cream (another first). Loved that too. I think we had to loosen her car seat straps cause she ate so much. And again, I forgot my camera. Of course. Basically, she had spaghetti dripping from every part of her body.

Also today, we got to do a video chat with dad. Riley was trying to grab him through the computer screen. She screamed and laughed so hard when she saw him... she blew him kisses and even tried to kiss the screen. I love our iSight cameras. Everybody should have one! Riley also got to show daddy how she hugs Max and Maggie, my mom's cats. I'll have to try to get that on video... it's to die for!!

So, back to the wedding. It was absolutely perfect. Except it was hot as hell. Probably about 90˚. And super-humid. Yuck! Riley was kinda cranky in the heat, so we stayed in the nursery at the church during the wedding (with Will and Shannon, who were also fed up with the heat). My mom had bought Riley a beautiful velvet dress to wear to the wedding (it IS fall, after all), but thank God I brought home her birthday dress, too... she would have been ripping off that velvet dress faster than you could say 'Spongebob'! Hopefully it will still fit at Christmastime.





Don and Doris have really stocked that nursery with some great toys! Plus, it was MUCH cooler in there than in the church. I loved it in the nursery, and so did the kids.





And, she had a lot of fun playing with Shannon and Will, her Crispin 'cousins'.





Sarah looked amazing, and Kurt couldn't keep his eyes off her! Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take very many photos because I was chasing Riley around most of the time. She was having so much fun, running me ragged. At the outdoor cocktail hour, there was a staircase of about 10-15 stairs that Riley insisted on running up and down, up and down... I had to lose my new un-broken-in heels to keep up with her (a great excuse), and prevent her from falling! But thanks to mom, dad, and the Delts for helping out now and then. Here are a few shots I did manage to capture:

Mom and dad:



Will and Shannon:



Sarah and Riley:



And here's the video I took:



Remind me to never take Riley to a wedding, especially if I'm wearing a new pair of heels. And if it's above 70˚ and it's outside. And if dad's not there. At least we took two cars, so Riley and I could leave when she was ready. We were both in bed by 10:30. Mom and dad, party animals that they are, were home about 12:45. I'm sure they were jitterbugging the night away, as always...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is great to see the Richardson clan having a great time. Ruthie looked gorgeous,Doug extremely handsome (Nikki I can't comment on since was not in on film,but being the camera women), but I would be remiss if I left our our precious Riley Bell, who is undoubtedly the "Bell of the Ball"! (After the bride of course). Glad you kept me in the loop.
Love you
Grandma Barbara