Well, earlier this week, Russell informed me that he wanted to be NOWHERE near Golden Gate Park this weekend, since it is the Outside Lands festival. I agree... it's sort-of a Woodstock type of hippie concert, and it's happening mere blocks from our house. I'm sure that in my twenties, I would have had all my friends camping out at my house with a full 3-day pass, but I'm sure now, Riley wouldn't appreciate that very much... We did take a walk in the wagon yesterday afternoon, but nothing was going on except for a bunch of early-goers arriving.
So, we went south. To Half Moon Bay. And it was a great day. We started at a farmers market where I shopped around for some fresh veggies, while daddy took Riley to see the horses, pigs, chickens, bunnies, etc.... Then we had a very tasty (and expensive) lunch at Sam's Chowder House. Yes, we will be taking all our out-of-town guests here from now on. I couldn't resist the lobster roll (yes, it's a $20 sandwich, but I'll tell ya... it was worth every penny), and Russell had an assortment of raw oysters and a shrimp cocktail. Riley had a crab cake and a bowl of NE clam chowder. That was better than any NE clam chowder I've ever had, even in Boston!! Riley even chowed-down on it pretty hard, after she finished playing with the salt.

After lunch, we judged Riley's nap mood by her behaviour in the car, and she was good to go. So, we went to the Lemos pony farm. Wow, what a place!! There were at least 4 individual birthday parties going on, each with its own pony ride ring, jumpy castle and BBQ pit area, and then there was the public area. Riley rode a pony and then we all rode the train. Then she went into a daze, and we knew it was nap time. She was practically asleep before we left the parking lot. I think we might consider throwing her 3rd birthday party there next year...
And here is the video!
Oh, and here is a glamour shot of my husband. Now can you see why I married him? HOT!!! Hmmm.

This one's no surprise, since I actually looked like that. Exactly. Now you see why HE married ME!!! Hmm.

And just for fun, here is Riley circa 1990. Hmm. Guess we would have been best friends....

Oh, and here's me being my mom's best friend in 1962. Hehehe!

OK, OK, I'm done. You can do it, too. Just click here.
No comments:
Post a Comment