She loves to stand! She goes from sitting to standing now, with no help, in the middle of the floor. And then she takes a step or two. And this is without any encouragement. She loves to walk around the house while holding my hands, but now, she hardly puts any weight on me. Any time now!
Her new favorite food... casseroles! She likes a lot of different things all mixed together, so she can pick out what she wants. This one is pasta, pork, spinach, peas, and basil. And she separates things. Puts all the pork in one compartment, all the pasta in another... what a little organizer! She should be a virgo, like her mommy....
Today, she had pasta, ground sirloin, spinach, cheese, and sundried tomatoes. Yum!
Russell and I decided to go out for dinner tonite... a short one, and I met him halfway between work and home. Went to Cafe Gratitude, because I like it there. Shows what a great hubby he is, since he really doesn't like all the hippie-schtick business they put on.
Riley decided to throw a mini-tantrum as soon as Carrie got here. But as soon as I walked out, Carrie put her in the stroller, went for a walk, and she fell right asleep! What a little darling. Then they came home, had dinner, a bath, and then played. I'd say it was a success... funny, how people have always told me, 'you'd better get her used to being without you soon! she's going to freak when you leave!'. She's almost a year old, and she could care less whether I'm here or not. Bad for me, good for her!
Here's a cute series in the high chair. The grabbing the hair thing is her new thing. She's very animated.
Tomorrow morning is storytime at the bookstore with some of Riley's friends. Should be fun! Gettin' outta jail!
1 comment:
Riley is so cute! I wish I would see her more often! She is such a fun baby! Almost a year - that goes crazily fast! And walking around should not take much longer. Bye-bye babyhood!
Oh and I wanted to comment on the fact that she does not mind you leaving her: this shows that Riley developed great trust in you and self-confidence too, due to you attending to her so well all the time since she was born. This is what we would all like to achieve, isn't it?
Well done!
Caroline & Sophie
Post a Comment