Monday, September 3, 2007

Happy birthday to me!



Today was my birthday. I finally turned 30. : ) Russell made sure it was a wonderful day. He made Riley breakfast and played with her until I woke up at 10am!!! Then he took me for breakfast before he sent me away to my surprise afternoon... spa day! He sent me to Bliss for a massage and pedicure. Wow, I feel like a new woman! And my toes look great. I picked the hottest pink polish they had. I never treat myself to anything, so this was soooo appreciated. He also got me a new outfit for Sarah's wedding this weekend. I can't tell you how nice it felt to get something new. It's been a while. Only because I think it's more fun to shop for Riley!

Meanwhile today, Riley and dad had a great day together... gangster hour, kickball in the living room, yummy meals, and even a nap!! I'll have to make sure they get to do that more often... they both seem to love it. Check Russell's blog for some nice photos of today.

Here are a couple of photos from our walk down the block with her baby stroller the other day.




Here is beach day part two: Riley in the sand. Prepare for this one... she really gets into it. Or, it really gets into her...



We also took her for a ride on her new bike yesterday... I took some video, but didn't get to edit it yet. See Russell's blog for the photos. She LOVED it. She was hesitant at first, like, 'what the heck is going on here?' but then, after she got about a block away from home, she was smiling and waving at everyone. I love the fact that it has matching water bottles for mom and Riley. We'll take photos of those eventually.



Russell's back to work tomorrow, and I'll start getting Riley and me ready to go to PA for the wedding.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Daddy and his little lovey, watching the sunset by the sea, does it get any better than that? Freeze this moment in time, you will want to remember it always.
thanks for letting us share it.
xoxo
grammy ruthelaine
ps. would someone PLEASE get the sand out of that baby's mouth!! she's gagging!!