I'm having fun with her expanding palate for solid foods! The freezer looks great, with frozen little cubes of brightly colored food for Riley. I'll have to take a picture of it one of these days and share.
So this morning, Riley and I took the Muni back to Cole Valley to pick up our car. Here she is, ready for a little nap, on the Muni:
Before we picked up the car, we decided to have breakfast at one of our old haunts, the Boulange de Cole. I brought peaches and a bottle of water for Riley, and she enjoyed it while I ate my breakfast. It was fun!
And then, just as I was finishing up my coffee, I looked up to see a woman walking in with a baby I recognized... Ava, from Gymboree, three months ago!
I said hi, and they joined us. Oh my... Riley freaked out!! With a combination of being ready for her nap, being ready to get out of that scene, and being super-excited to see another baby, she became super-hyper and all-out crazy. I mean, she was screaming at the top of her lungs and trying to EAT Ava! We had to leave, and I made her apologize for her groping. We still hope to see Valerie and Ava again, and help Riley to direct that excited energy about other kids.
So she likes her zucchini, and today I made her a sweet potato. I was a dumb-ass, though, and I think it might be garbage. I made it in the food processor, forgetting that my food mill arrived today, and it might have become too starchy. I'll try it tomorrow before I give it to her.
OK. Off to enjoy The Village with dad. Oh, by the way, in a former blog, I mentioned that we were going to watch a "good" movie, 'The Marine'. It wasn't good. It was TERRIBLE. Don't ever watch it.
No comments:
Post a Comment