Today is the first day of Hanukkah, the Festival of Lights. Riley and I stayed home today and played, while we waited for a plumber to come over to unclog our kitchen sink. Here she is playing. She loves the toys on her exer-saucer, and has figured how to hold them in her mouth:
The plumber finally came 5 hours later than he said he would. After he finished, I ran around everywhere like a crazy lady, looking for Menorah candles. I finally found them, I’m sure only because I received a return phone call from my friend Joanna. She obviously passed along some good Jewish luck.
Check out these gums! Now, that’s a big smile.
Russell came home early to beat sundown (that’s when you have to light the Menorah). We lit it and said the accompanying prayer. Riley sat with us and gazed at the flames. Then she got to open her presents. Well, play with them. Well, look at them. Daddy got her a new gay porcupine (to match her gay worm). Oh, and there’s our Menorah in the background. Beside Santa, the Nutcracker, and the snowman.
She also got an interactive toy that plays music and attaches to her crib. It has a mirror, and she lays on her belly and laughs at it. And, she got a toy that suctions to her high chair. We’ll try that one out tomorrow.
I think I was the luckiest one in our house, in regards to gifts. Let’s start with Russell, though... I got him a surf weekend in Santa Cruz. Surf lessons at a great surf camp, and a stay at a sweet B&B. The B&B allows dogs and has a crib for Riley. And an outdoor jacuzzi. We’ll probably go sometime in January. I also got him a great piece of art that he’s wanted for a while.
Now, on to me. Well. Russell has been working on this one for a while. And he’s really outdone himself. He gave me a beautiful Sony Handheld mini DV camcorder, with all the fixins. It’s so tiny, it fits in the palm of my hand. He said that it’s because he’s so proud of this blog and my interest in taking so many photos of Riley. I can’t wait to figure it out... be prepared to start seeing videos of our darling girl!! Yay!!
We were supposed to go to JaySteph’s tomorrow for a Hanukkah dinner, but they’re both sick. We’ll pass on that one! Hope you guys are feeling better soon!
I know this isn’t Riley-related, but, I bought some peeps today. Not quite sure how I feel about these....

Those are not really peeps now, are they? I grew up with peeps, and these are the only ones I remember seeing:

But, what I do find interesting is the Official Marshmallow Peeps Fan Club!! Wow, who woulda thunk it?? I just might have to join. Wonder if they give you free peeps?
Here’s a funny picture I’d like to end with. TOO cute!
3 comments:
What exactly are peeps? Never heard of them before. I guess they aren't available in foreign countries.
BARBARA
Love the gay porcupine! I think you forgot to mention the Hunukah gifts Riley also got from her Jewish cousins!!!!!!Happy Hunukah everyone we miss you, maybe one year you will be able to celebrate with us. Some of my greatest memories are opening gifts with my cousins and eating tons of latkes and chocolate gelt (money) with my cousins.
Auntie Linds
hooray for gay porcupines and forthcoming video clips!
Joanna
Post a Comment