OK, so I haven't blogged for 3 days. I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Geeez..... In a nutshell, here's what's been happening:
BIRTHDAY
Tuesday was Riley's 6-month birthday. Happy birthday, Riley! She had sushi (second-hand, of course), and got a new lucky cat from daddy. She loves the one in our living room, so Russell bought her her own for on her bookshelf. She stares at it and laughs out loud.
EATING
Sunday and Monday, I gave Riley pears and apples, respectively. They didn't go over so well. She made the biggest yucky-face I've ever seen, and left her mouth open so the food fell out. So funny. Needless to say, we'll wait a while before trying that again.
Yesterday, I gave her papaya. At first, she did the same thing as she did for the pears and apples. But then I thought, well, let's try it mixed with cereal, which she's used to. And she loved it! Today, I sneaked up on her, and between bites of cereal/papaya mixture, I gave her straight papaya. She swallowed it, and held her mouth open for more! Loved it... I figured out the trick!
BOUNCING
She goes in her bouncer a couple of times a day. Always fun to watch:
SLEEPING
She's still waking up at night, but now only once. We're going to the doctor tomorrow for her 6-month shots (yuck!!), so we'll ask about how to deal with that.
NUZZLING
OK. This is my favorite new thing. When Riley gets tired, she's started putting her head on my shoulder. Or, if we're looking in the same direction, she will rest her cheek on mine. Wow, what a feeling! I love the weight of her head on me, there's nothing like it. Makes me feel like she's comfy and secure. What more could a mommy want?
Other happenings:
Russell is still swimming, and loving it. He may be changing jobs... let's keep our fingers crossed!
I made barley and veggies tonite... first time I ever made (or maybe even ate) barley. It was pretty yummy. Kind of like a risotto, but healthier.
I booked out tickets for Passover in Toronto. Got an OK deal.
My friend Sera (in NY) is finally getting married. She's been dating the guy for about 10 years! Geez. Ladies' Club unite!! We have 3 weddings this summer. I'm gonna try to make it to them all..........
I heard Florie (my good friend and maid of honor) had a little girl. Haven't talked to her in a long time. Florie, are you out there? I miss you!
Trich moved back to NYC, and never even said goodbye!
What else? I think that's it... it's been a busy but quiet few days.
1 comment:
Holy Cow!!!
That is the Riley theme song!
"The Life of Riley!" It fits her. I can't think about that dear little soul smiling and laughing right up until the time they give her those shots and watching the shock on that sweet, sweet face......sometimes it's better to be living across the country.....
xoxoxoxo Grammy Ruthelaine
Post a Comment