Saturday, December 16, 2006

Take that!



Riley loves to stick her tongue out. You’d think Grammy Richardson lived close by to teach her. That’s the kind of thing Grammy likes to teach babies. Good fun. But nope, she actually learned it on her own! Honest!

Here she is with Grammy:



And, she does this really funny sucking thing... like she just had a yummy popsicle. It’s so loud, you can actually hear her from the other room. I’ll try to record (or video tape!!) it soon.

Before I start into our day, I do have to mention: Riley did get a Hanukkah gift from Toronto... some awesome books from Auntie Lindsay, Uncle Dave, and cousins Charlie and Quinn in Toronto. One was a book Russell grew up with, The Giving Tree, which I don’t recognize. Maybe it’s not popular in the states? Or, maybe I just don’t remember it. Another is Chanukah Lights Everywhere (which is good for me, too), and my favorite is the First Book of Sushi!

Here they are in Toronto in October, with Grandma Bongard. Quinn on left, Riley on right, Charlie beside Grandma:



This is Riley and Quinn. Riley is only two weeks older than Quinn. Don’t they look like first cousins??



Today we went back to our usual Saturday spot, Tennesse’s, for breakfast. It was yummy, but I still think we prefer the Bashful Bull. But we had a package to pick up at the post office, and Tennessee’s was closer.

Russell was almost in so much trouble, because he always shops for himself this time of year, and the package contained a print by the same artist (Jeff Soto) as I bought him for Christmas. It was so possible that he had ordered the same print I did. But he didn’t. He’s so lucky. This is the print he bought:



This is the one I bought him:



They’ll both look great in our collection.

I had a couple of errands to run today, so Riley got to spend some quality time with dad. They had gangster hour, and listened to Snoop Dogg. Fortunately she can’t understand the words yet. Here they are, being all gangster:




Dad had her hanging out on the bed, like she likes to do with me, and she got all giddy.



And then, a little pouty. Check out those kissable lips!!



That was just before I got the meltdown phone call: “How far away are you, and how fast can you get here? She’s eating my face!” Well, I hadn’t expected to run errands today, so I hadn’t pumped any milk. But Russell is the best “cooler” ever, and by the time I got home, she was all happy-go-lucky again.

I’m about to go and play with my new camera. Still haven’t had a chance to do that! Maybe tomorrow I’ll take some video of Riley. We have a Hanukkah dinner at Brian and Sandy’s house. They’re cousins on Russell’s side of the family. Always nice to see them.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! No toungue sticking out without Grammy, it's one of my trademarks!  She needs those grandma hugs MUCH more often, right Barbara?!?!?
xoxo
Gram

Anonymous said...

Hi there, sweet cousin Nikki!  Thanks for sending me this link--how gorgeous is your family?!?!? I am so jealous that you get to celebrate Eight Days of presents---oh, I mean Hanukkah, in addition to Christmas--man!  Love the picture of your crazy  mom, too!   I hope you are having the best holiday season, with your outstanding angel-girl Riley.  What a beauty!  Peace and Love and Squeezes, gail
Cousin Gail in Richmond, VA