Monday, March 19, 2007

Making progress



Today, Riley was really on a roll (seriously, no pun intended...) with her development!

She was walking while holding my fingers. She would start by holding tight, then looser, then actually letting go completely, and testing her balance, and grab on tight again with a little gasp when she started to fall over. She is so excited to be on her own, I can't believe it.

She also taught herself this: She's leaning against a piece of furniture, holding a toy. She drops the toy, and leans over to look at it. She holds on tight with one hand, bends her knees, and reaches down and picks up the toy. Now, I helped her by holding her butt, but she figured out how to get the toy all by herself. Wow!



I've been helping her to crawl forward. I'd say it takes her about 5 minutes to get from one end of the living room to the other, backwards! She's really a mover.

On a different note, here are some of her swimming friends.

This is Liam:


This is Juliette:







This is Franny:



So, after Riley goes to bed, she's still waking up occasionally, crying really hard. When I go in, she's usually on her hands an knees, rocking back and forth. My new philosophy: it's because she's thinking about practicing her walking and standing and all that. And her muscles are probably sore from actually doing all that hard work during the day.

Here's a fun movie for you to enjoy. She likes to talk a lot... this is what she does in restaurants, too... getting a little sketchy to take her out, what do you think?



Who knows... I'm just super-impressed with her progress. She's becoming such a sweet little girl. Guess I have to go wake her for hugs now.... : )

No comments: