Sunday, January 21, 2007

What a wonderful day!



Today was my favorite day. We had such a great time, together as a family. We started with breakfast at home (!!!) with bagels and lox. Then after Riley's nap and breakfast, Russell took us to a special place he found on his adventures around town. It's a long walk, in the top corner of the Prisidio, along the water. It was a very exhausting walk with lots of hills and stairs. I wore Riley in the Baby Bjorn, so I probably lost 10 pounds. OK maybe not, but I wish! And it felt like it. Great exercise.

Riley wore her new sunglasses... they finally fit! And were so super-cute. She didn't even try to take them off. She's a stylin' babe, for sure!



We saw the little buoy that makes the fog horn sounds we can hear from our bedroom. The sounds lull us to sleep. And when it's foggy at night, you can hear the ships passing with their fog horns, too, and they usually have a much deeper pitch. How nice to live by the ocean. The buoy is the little white thing in the water, towards the left of the photo:



After our big walk, we went down to the mall, where Russell wanted to go to the bookstore. Now that he's no longer drinking, he's reading even more than he used to. I'm so proud of him. He finishes a book a week. At least.



So, Riley and I went and picked out some books for her. She LOVES her books. It's amazing how she arches her back in the rocking chair to look back at her books. And every time I read to her, she smiles and gets really quiet, even if she was upset before we started reading, and she helps me turn the pages. I hope she continues to enjoy reading like her daddy does.

After the mall, we came home and Riley was totally ready for bed. She had her bath, and got to read a new bedtime book. And she fell right asleep.



Tomorrow is her doctor's appointment to check on the ear infection and talk about solid foods... I'm very excited to see Dr. Pepitone. She is such a wonderful doctor. And I have a lot of questions and a big shopping cart set up on BabyCenter, for solid food feeding equipment! What a huge milestone... I can't believe it. We'll video tape the whole thing, for sure!!!



Now it's my turn for some sleep. zzzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It's hard not to be jealous of those two hip and gorgeous chicks!
Rusty, all the boys will be jealous of you!
Grammy Ruthelaine