The remainder of our visit in Pittsburgh was wonderful. My friend from high school, Sue, brought her family over on Saturday night for a visit. I haven't seen her in about 5 years. What a beautiful family, with two sweet little girls! They loved Riley, and likewise. They were a great help in putting Riley to bed! I didn't take any photos, but I did get video footage. I'll post some of it once I edit it.
We got home from PA last nite about 8:30. The flight was so funny... it was like being in Romper Room! There were about 29 babies on our flight. I guess the only people who care to fly on New Year's Eve are families who have nothing better to do. Riley loved it, and wouldn't go to sleep. She was too busy screeching and laughing at all the other babies. I love how she gets a kick out of other kids.
Our cousin Joe was our house- and pet-sitter while we were gone. He did an amazing job. Not only did he keep everything safe and clean, but he washed his towels before he left, AND made us chocolate chip cookies! I think he even brushed Zoe. What a doll. He's welcome back anytime!
Today was a good, productive day at home. I unpacked and cleaned, Russell watched college football (and won the bet against his brother!) and helped me clean, and Riley took a 3-hour nap. Her little body is taking it's time to adjust to the time change. She went to bed about 7:30, and I'm sure she'll sleep through the nite. She's so exhausted after such a big, eventful week at Grammy-Gramps! She misses them already. So do I.
No comments:
Post a Comment